Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'll try anything once...

Ok... I give in. After following Lindsey's blog for only a few weeks, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon of blogging. And yes, it was I who, just a few weeks ago, said I would never "blog" ... whatever that means anyway. I didn't (& still don't, really) see myself as the kind of person to "blog about my ideals," as the Twix commercial puts it. But sometimes when writing in my diary, my brain works way faster than my poor fine motor skills do. Therefore, I end up having all these thoughts that I want to put down but by the time I finish one sentence I forget what I was thinking about writing next.

One of the main reasons I've decided to succumb... to conform... to this blogging world is because of the book I'm currently reading: "Having a Mary Spirit" by Joanna Weaver. I have underlined and starred so many phrases, paragraphs, scriptures. And although writing about some of them in my diary gives me some way of regurgitating what I've read, some of it is just too good to keep to myself. I realize that this blog (which will probably be re-named over & over because of my indecisiveness) will not be read by tons & tons of people. The group of people who read this will probably consist of a select few. Still, some of the things I read in this book SCREAM to me, "This is YOU, Ashley! Apply THIS to your life! And THIS! And THIS!" So, as I am halfway through the book, I plan on going back to the beginning and sharing the points that stand out to me and speak to me in hopes that they will speak to you, too (whoever you are).

We'll see how this goes :)

No comments: