Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just a little something..

It bugs me how since my last post, I've thought "Oh I need to blog about that!" plenty of times. Now that I'm here, I just don't know what to say. It's like writing a paper... the introduction paragraph is always the hardest for me!! Some people have said to write the paper, then go back and write the intro. Never done it, though!

UALR was closed Monday & Tuesday... you know what that means: no school AND no clinic!! Which turned out to be a pretty good thing because today was my day to lead Aphasia Group, and wouldn't you be surprised to find out that I hadn't typed up a lesson plan yet. Still haven't. I'll get around to that later on this week... after I study for Fluency Disorders & write Semester Treatment Plans & eat sushi with MG. Procrastination has made itself a priority in my life this semester, which is a really bad thing. It needs to go somewhere. Classes just aren't as interesting as they were last semester (with the exception of Dysphagia), and I'm sure my lack of motivation has something to do with it, too. It certainly doesn't help now that we can iChat & get on facebook during class. I need to kick this habit just as bad as Tejada needs to kick a fieldgoal... heh.

Hands & Voices was this past Saturday morning. Marcdawg & I met Ang at Starbucks at 8 then headed over to the Arkansas Children's Hospital East Campus. While parents were in the H&V seminar, we got to watch their chitlens. I try not to pick favorites, but it usually happens anyway. Most, but not all, of the kids had some kind of hearing loss. Some wore hearing aids, & some had cochlear implants. Some even had a BAHA.

This first picture is of a little boy with bilateral cochlear implants. He was the sweetest thing in the world, & he taught me lots of sign language words, like "eat" and "play." He & his brother (behind him) kind of took to me, & I kind of took to them also. Needless to say, I sort of followed them around all day... is that creepy? We played in a tub full of shaving cream.... & you can see how that worked out. It was all in their hair and on their clothes and all over us. They loved it!!

"Stolen Away on 55th & 3rd" by DMB just came on my iPod... I forget how much I love that song, & I think it's because of the saxophone in it- I find it sort of... seductive, in a way.

Okay people. I gotta study. 10-4.

(In about 5 minutes, I guarantee you that I will think of a billion more things to write about. But what good is a guarantee... you could sh!t in a box & put a guarantee on it, but at the end of the day it's still sh!t in a box.) --- name that movie!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tommy Boy I win
--Chase

Unknown said...

Dont worry about what you write about, just write whatever you think of. Once it gets to be a chore is when you wont want to write anymore. Use this space as a place to vent or rant or give your opinion about something. Its your friends that are reading it anyway... we wont think any less of you... haha and props for the Tommy Boy quote.