Monday, February 14, 2011

You know you Love me...

As a single lady, I'm proud to say that I was not dreading Valentine's Day this year! What's my secret? Well, for one, you could refer back to my Valentine's Day post from last year. For two, I remind myself of this: Valentine's Day isn't about being a couple-- having someone take you out on that ever-so-cliche Valentine's Day date. It's not solely for those people who are so madly in love with each other that they can't keep their hands to themselves or their eyes on each other & are instead fondling the keyboard or the touch-screen of their smart phone & instantly uploading a picture of their gorgeous roses or engagement ring to the internet for the whole wide twitterverse/facebookworld to see.

Inhale.

And all of that is sweet and thoughtful and romantic. Valentine's Day is, after all, about love. No matter how you give it, no matter who you give it to, just as long as you give it. To your friends, your family, your neighbors, your enemies (yep!), your co-workers, your boss, your intern, your patients, your classmates... the list could go on!

Exhale.

AND, if you have the amazing, everlasting, forgiving, patient, kind, personal, extravagant, deep, merciful, glorious, unconditional, never-ending love of the One who is love, as I do, then you really have something to celebrate today.
(Try not to let the day pass without thanking Him for that.)

For those of you who are spending Valentine's Day with "that special someone," I wish you the best one yet!

And I apologize in advance for making anyone jealous because of the gentlemen I'll be spending my night with :)
(Totally forgot he was a TWIN! Twins are so cool... Or at least I've always thought so)
I'll leave you with a little romantic verse. Notice the chapter:verse. Coincidence?
"Show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet and your face is lovely." Song of Songs 2:14


xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it .... and love you!!
U such a big girl.

I love you,
Dad

Lindsay Powers said...

you can have one and i'll have the other and we'll go on a double date and then live happily ever after.