Friday, September 17, 2010

Forgetful Friday

So I didn't necessarily forget about blogging yesterday... I simply didn't feel like it. But I had to use "forgetful" in the title of this post because I feel super cool using an alliteration, duh! I really don't have too much to say... probably because I just woke up from a nap :).

Jimmy posted a link on Twitter earlier this week that I just have to share! Random Thoughts of People Our Age. I found it funny how I've had so many of these thoughts, & I'm sure most of you have, too! I'll share a few (like, er, 10) of my favorites with you:


5. Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
-I don't know how many times I have done this!! At Wal-Mart, the mall, UAMS, UALR campus looking for the HR office... Pretending to talk on my phone is my go-to cover, until it rings while I'm "talking" on it.

9. There is a great need for sarcasm font.
-Amen! Especially when texting!

11. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.
-Yep. The Other Sister, Finding Nemo, Ice Age, Tommy Boy...

12. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
-Now THAT is a good Q... I just roll mine up like a sleeping bag.

15. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
-I agreed with this one before I finished reading it.

22. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
-Sometimes I'll nod and smile... then 10 seconds later ask "What?" one more time.

27. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
-Morbid, yet true.

35. Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....
-"And one interesting fact about yourself!"

42. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
-Vain, but you know we all do it.

53. I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.
-And also that no one wants to pass them on the interstate...

I'm glad I woke up when I did... because the UPS guy banging on my door while I was asleep may have caused a heart attack...

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Just a friend? No twitter plug? thanks AP. I'm like the kid who you're friends with, but then don't associate with in public.